NEW ADDRESS: 821 S ARIZONA in Butte (entrance is across the street from the Depot)
NEW HOURS: FRIDAYS from Noon to 5:30pm and SATURDAYS from 10 to 2 for sales and donations. No exceptions. (updated: 5/4/2017)
The donation warehouse is an effort to collect gently used building material that is donated and then sold to the community. All proceeds support Habitat for Humanity of Southwest Montana’s local projects.
The Donation Warehouse keeps reusable items out of the landfill, is an inexpensive option for those with quality items they no longer have a need for, and provides the community with a source of deeply discounted items like doors, windows, scrap lumber and much more.
What We Have
The list is constantly changing and we never know what we’ll have from day to day, but generally you can always find:
- Scrap Lumber
- Tubs & Showers
- Light fixtures
What We Need
These are things we get a lot of requests for, sell really quickly when we do have them, or we just think are neat:
- Solid wood and/or exterior doors
- Flooring of all kinds
- Interesting/historic hardware
- Cabinet sets
What We Won’t Accept
- Most furniture. If it has fabric like couches and mattresses there are thrift stores in town that are happy to take it.
- Used toilets or plumbing
- Anything that would require a good amount of repair, refinishing, or fixing to be useable.
- Anything not loosely considered building material, like pillows, curtains, throw rugs, that sort of thing.
- And anything that is dirty.
ReStores are largely run by volunteers. They are crucial to the operation of the store, doing everything from answering questions, carrying out items, pricing, organizing, and receiving and sorting donations. The minimum shift length is two hours, and all volunteers must attend a brief (15-30 min) orientation in the store before the day of their shift. To help out, click the button below.