TITLE: Site Coordinator – Self Help Programs
The National Affordable Housing Network, with headquarters in Butte MT, is seeking an energetic Site Coordinator to support households seeking and building high performance housing in a team building program in Southwest Montana. Preferred candidates will be based in Butte and Anaconda.
The Site Coordinator works with the families to complete the team-built homes, including construction tasks, family coordination, volunteer integration and contractor communications. This position requires occasional Saturday and early evening availability for supervising volunteer events.
Position works with a team of construction professionals, including a senior construction educator and a construction project manager to prepare sites for construction and to assist families in meeting their commitments to team building tasks. Position works with the Mutual Self Help Program and the Habitat for Humanity program participants as part of the program partnerships.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate education and training of families on necessary building and carpentry skills
- Supervision and oversight of family members and volunteers working throughout the builds
- Observation of subcontractors to make sure all construction is done in accordance with plans and specifications
- Help to implement and improve energy efficiency parameters throughout the build
- Supervision of program on site volunteers
- Help to expand the program volunteer capacity
- Attendance of the scheduled family meetings
- Coordinating and scheduling work days with the families
- Promotion and oversight of onsite construction safety
- Assist in the development and implementation of construction schedules throughout, including painting and finish tasks
Position is full time (35-40 hours per week), with flex time and cafeteria health benefits. However, half time and three-quarters time applicants will be considered, as well. Wages are commensurate with experience.
- Four-year college completion or 2 year certificate with 1-2 years field experience
- Willingness to follow plan details
- Ability to work with team players
- Strong communication skills